- ‘tell me’ question at the start of your test, before you start driving
- ‘show me’ question while you’re driving
Driving lessons are to resume in England from 4 July, House of Commons leader Jacob Rees-Mogg has announced.The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency will write to driving instructors later setting out plans to restart driving tests and resume lessons safely. Mr Rees-Mogg said he wanted to help instructors “return to life that is as close to normal as possible, as quickly and fairly as possible”. There will be a “phased approach to resuming practical testing”, he added.
How will driving lessons work with social distancing?The British School of Motoring, said it was advising instructors that they should thoroughly clean vehicles before and after each lesson, paying particular attention to areas of the car that are touch points, such as door handles. Other measures for instructors include:
- Wearing clothes that cover arms and legs
- Wearing face coverings and disposable gloves (to be changed after each lesson)
- Keeping windows down throughout the lesson